Saturday, January 19, 2013

Half Way There

I can't believe we are half way through first grade!!  Time flies when you're having fun, right?!  We had a week full of testing getteing ready for report cards.  These will be coming home on Friday!!!  We are all making progress and that's good news!  Thanks for all the support that you are giving them at home!  It is much appreciated!

This week we had more indoor recess because of the ice on the playground and I think they got more sick of it than i did.  Poor things!  I told them if we had one more inside recess I was breaking out the Zumba video and we were going to do that the whole recess.  Not knowing what that was, they were all disappointed when Mr. Smith announced outside recess!  Now, they keep asking for it!  I guess I'll have to save it for a rainy day now!  I don't want to spoil the "surprise"!

We will be celebrating Martin Luther King day with some segregation activities to really get the kids to understand what it may have been like to live back in that time frame.  So, if they come home and say they didn't get to do something, it was just for the day!!!  I'm actually looking forward to it!!  Can't wait for them to experience history!

I just have to share this funny "kid" story that happened in one of my conferences this week.  I was trying to help one of the students visualize being one of the characters in his book.  The characters were baking cookies.  I said, "I can just smell those cookies, can't you?"  He thought for a minute and then said, "No, I just smell owls I guess."  Maybe I have too many owls in the classroom....

Have a good week all!!